Faculty Education Enhancement Grants
Due: March 25, 2016
Faculty education grants are intended to assist faculty with the development of new college-level courses or curriculum (or with the revamping of currently existing courses/curriculum to reflect the latest research and education findings). Women, faculty from underrepresented groups, and early career faculty are especially encouraged to apply.
- Faculty Grant proposals may be submitted by faculty members at the University of Wyoming, Wyoming's community colleges, or the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University-Cheyenne Campus.
- Faculty must be U.S. citizens. Faculty who are not U.S. citizens may apply for the grant to supply salary or other support for students (who are U.S. citizens) working on the project - unfortunately none of the award may go directly to a faculty member who is not a U.S. citizen.
- Proposals for new course development must be in agreement with WSGC programmatic objectives. Courses with an interdisciplinary nature are strongly encouraged.
- Faculty must hold the rank of assistant professor, associate professor, professor, research associate, full-time faculty/instructor at a community college, or equivalent (sorry, adjunct faculty members and post docs are not eligible).
- Awards are normally made for faculty summer salary, including benefits.
- Supplies or other expenses (including wages/support for students or post-docs and travel necessary for the project) are also acceptable.
- Grant requests can be made up to a maximum of $10,000
- The award may not be used for page charges, international travel, tuition for special institutes or off-campus programs, or the purchase of equipment costing more than $1000.
- Projects may begin in July and must must be completed by the end of June of the following year (unless other arrangements are made in advance). Any amount of money that remains unspent by the end of June of the following year will be relinquished.
- Cost share in the form of faculty time spent on the project while receiving salary from the University or a community college is required. For UW Faculty this can be reported on monthly PAR reports.
Completed applications must be submitted to email@example.com by the deadline. The application should include:
- Completed Faculty Application - MS Word
- Proposal Document- Instructions - **please write for a general audience
You should receive an e-mail confirming receipt of your application within two business days, if you do not receive this confirmation please contact our office.
View past proposals that were funded - Example1, Example2, Example3
(*Previous proposals were allowed 5 pages for the body of the proposal, the current requirement is a maximum of 3 pages. Cost share is also now required. All other requirements are the same.)
AWARD SELECTION CRITERIA
- View the Reviewer Grade Sheet
- Proposals for courses with an interdisciplinary component will be given priority.
- Likelihood of the course becoming a regular offering.
- Proposals that include non-federal matching funds will be given priority.
- Proposals that cannot be fully funded from other sources will be given priority.
- Proposals must be well written and include the following
- strong justification
- a clear set of goals
- an evaluation mechanism which determines successful completion of the goals set
- a detailed time-line for achieving the goals outlined
- a realistic budget for the project
- Goals in line with NASA National Space Grant, and the strategic missions of one or more of NASA's Mission Directorates:
- Recipients are expected to keep WSGC informed of their progress.
- Proposals for course/curriculum projects are expected to result in a new course offering or new curricular material.
- Recipients will be expected to notify WSGC of any publications or presentations resulting from WSGC funding (even if they are made many years after the grant period.)
- If additional proposals are submitted to other funding agencies resulting from WSGC funding, you are expected to notify the WSGC office of these proposals (either successful or not successful).
- Written FINAL REPORT regarding success of course/curriculum development and the implementation of the course/curriculum is required and must be submitted in a timely manner following the completion of the grant.
This page was last updated
Thursday, February 11, 2016 11:53 AM
is an investment in America's future.
As explorers, pioneers, and innovators, we
boldly expand frontiers in air and space to
inspire and serve America and to benefit the
quality of life on Earth.