About the Wyoming Space Grant Consortium
Wyoming Space Grant sponsors educational and research programs in
the state of Wyoming in support of
missions. We also
serve as a link between citizens of the state and
Wyoming Space Grant Consortium is one of 52 consortia representing
each state, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
Our programs include research fellowships for students at
Wyoming's 2- and 4-year colleges, scholarship programs for
community college students pursuing math and science careers,
resources for Wyoming's K-12 teachers, and educational
programs for the general public.
Wyoming NASA Space Grant Goals include:
- To promote science, math, engineering and technology education from elementary through university levels
- To enhance space science/engineering research infrastructure at Wyoming’s community colleges and the University of Wyoming
- To recruit women, underrepresented minorities and the disabled for careers in math, science, engineering and technology
- To encourage interdisciplinary research in space science and engineering
- To enhance public awareness of the benefits of space-related research and exploration
Wyoming NASA Space Grant Mission:
- To promote a strong educational base in science, math, engineering, and technology from the elementary grades through the university levels.
- To encourage cooperation and communication among industry, government, and educational institutions.
- To encourage interdisciplinary training, research, and public service programs related to aerospace.
- To recruit and train professionals, especially women and underrepresented minorities, for careers in STEM.
- To develop state research infrastructure to enhance workforce and economic development of Wyoming.
- To raise awareness of Space Grant programs and partnerships.
Space Grant Staff
Michele Turner Megan Candelaria
Program Coordinator CC REU Program Coordinator
This page was last updated Wednesday, August 26, 2015 05:49 PM
is an investment in America's future.
As explorers, pioneers, and innovators, we
boldly expand frontiers in air and space to
inspire and serve America and to benefit the
quality of life on Earth.